At Geek Powered Studios, we are a small internet marketing startup founded in 2009, located in the heart of South Austin. We do comprehensive internet marketing, including SEO, PPC, and website design and maintenance for local clients we care about. We love what we do and we fight tooth-and-nail to get results for each of our clients. As a team we tackle major campaigns and ever-evolving challenges in the SEO industry.
We place a lot of importance on doing things the right way, not the easy way, and we have built a strong reputation as a leader in the internet marketing world. In fact, we are a 2014 Torch Award Winner, an award given by the BBB of Central Texas to businesses who exemplify marketplace ethics. We are known particularly for working only with one client per industry, per region, and defeating clients of much larger agencies in the search rankings. Geek Powered Studios has been featured in a wide variety of publications including Mashable, American Express Open Forum, and Tech Cocktail.
Our company culture is a super casual environment. This is no stuffy corporate gig, employees aren’t expected to dress up everyday. We balance fun with hard work, and we celebrate our successes with team-building outings, video games, and more. To read more about our company, visit our website:http://www.geekpoweredstudios.com/.
Looking for a mature, passionate, process-driven team player and self-starter who inspires optimum performance and has strong leadership ability. Requires deep and current hands-on experience planning, managing, analyzing, and optimizing PPC campaigns including Paid Search (Google preferred but Bing and Yahoo a plus), Display (Including Retargeting/Dynamic Retargeting) and Paid Social Media.
The ideal candidate must be skilled in managing a range of paid search accounts, optimizing bids based on campaign goals, and analyzing data to drive improved results. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the PPC Team as a whole and also work with cross functional teams to launch and track ad copy, landing pages, creative, that will contribute to overall performance goals. This position is primarily responsible for setup, optimization, maintenance, and troubleshooting of client paid advertising accounts as well as leading a team of PPC Specialists by performing the following duties:
- Proven track record of success with mentoring and leading a team
- Assist with creating processes and innovation and oversee the day to day of the PPC Team
- Set daily, weekly and monthly goaling to evaluate the team on a continual basis and promote growth
- Proven experience and track record of structuring, managing, evaluating, and optimizing successful online marketing campaigns including, but not limited to SEO/SEM, display advertising, native, mobile, and paid social media advertising.
- Experience structuring and optimizing ongoing multivariate testing initiatives (A/B) including copy, keyword strategy, placement, and image testing.
- Experience managing advertising expenditures to budget, daily/weekly budget pacing, forecasting monthly spend, and reconciling discrepancies.
- Analyze and assess the performance of campaigns and translate quantitative and qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the campaign strategy.
- Communicate regularly with clients on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, performance reporting, and competitive intelligence analysis.
- Experience with bidding and reporting software (Marin, Ninjacat, Acquisio, etc.)
- Google Adwords certified with a strong background in expanding and optimizing Google Paid Search (SEM) campaigns – Experience with Bing and Yahoo Search a plus.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills including KPI development, measuring performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assessment against umbrella brand and business KPIs for maximum ROI.
- There are many situations where small mistakes can become big mistakes, so attention to detail is essential
- You must be a great communicator. We work as a team on all projects, and communication is key. We would rather have you ask 100 questions than none and be silently stuck
- Ideal candidates are self-motivated and proactive about work and solving problems
- 3-4 years of PPC including leadership experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects with intertwining deadlines while staying focused on the details
- Innovative thinker who brainstorms new and creative growth strategies to reach our target audiences while driving sales, and optimizing media spend and performance
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience collaborating with internal and vendor partners
*NOTE: You must submit a cover letter. Applications without one will not be considered.
- Fun and highly collaborative work environment
- Flex time
- Competitive salary
- Casual dress code
- Stocked snacks and drinks
- 401K with company match (after 90 days with the company)
- 100% paid Dental and Vision for eligible employees
- Portion of Medical is paid by company
- Dog friendly! Bring your best friend to work
- Opportunities for team building and continuing education