At Geek Powered Studios, we are a small internet marketing startup founded in 2009, located in the heart of South Austin. We do comprehensive internet marketing, including SEO, PPC, and website design and maintenance for local clients we care about. We love what we do and we fight tooth-and-nail to get results for each of our clients. As a team we tackle major campaigns and ever-evolving challenges in the SEO industry.
We place a lot of importance on doing things the right way, not the easy way, and we have built a strong reputation as a leader in the internet marketing world. In fact, we are a 2014 Torch Award Winner, an award given by the BBB of Central Texas to businesses who exemplify marketplace ethics. We are known particularly for working only with one client per industry, per region, and defeating clients of much larger agencies in the search rankings. Geek Powered Studios has been featured in a wide variety of publications including Mashable, American Express Open Forum, and Tech Cocktail.
Our company culture is a super casual environment. This is no stuffy corporate gig, employees aren’t expected to dress up everyday. We balance fun with hard work, and we celebrate our successes with team-building outings, video games, and more. To read more about our company, visit our website:http://www.geekpoweredstudios.com/.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing, organizing and coordinating the operations and administration of assigned projects while working with other cross functional internal teams. This position is responsible for leading projects and must be able to work independently and show initiative while being able to resolve problems, make recommendations for improving processes, trouble shoot potential issues and recommend solutions on their existing projects. In addition to this, they are also responsible for keeping customers happy and proactively engaging with them to troubleshoot potential issues and gather feedback on their existing projects. Happy customers retain our services indefinitely and trust us as strategic partners. This position is responsible for all customer communications, conflict resolution, and compliance.
- AMs need to be detail-oriented. Organization is a key part of the job. You will be expected to keep on top of every aspect of a project. Good communication skills are also necessary. AMs interact with clients on the one hand and internal staff and management on the other.
- Promises made to customers must be kept. You can't offer more than the company can deliver. You need to know exactly what services you can provide and how quickly a project can be completed.
- You'll need to learn as much as you can about your clients. Only if you have a strong understanding of a client's business strategy will you be able to understand and communicate how our company's products and services can help the client's strategic goals.
- Unfortunately, not all projects go as planned. Sometimes a client won't like the work that has been done. It's up to the account manager to fix the problem. He or she will talk to the client, find out what's wrong, and try to come up with a solution.
- Some clients will be harder to work with than others, so AMs need to be able to handle stress well. They also need to be creative, in order to figure out work-around solutions when something goes wrong. At times, you may need to hold a client's hand as you walk them through a project.
- Finally, when a deadline looms, longer-than-normal hours may be required and in the case of extreme emergencies being able to reach out to necessary resources to solve the customer's problems may be needed after normal office hours.
What skills and abilities would make you a great fit?
- Ability to translate business initiatives into actionable plans
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Demonstrates leadership skills in both problem solving and communication
- Ability to handle ambiguity and be solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
- A people-person who seeks harmony under challenging circumstances by communicating positively with team members, vendors, clients and executive leadership
- Embrace working with fun, quirky, enthusiastic people
- Love the rapid, unpredictable nature of a tech startup
- Share our commitment to innovation with a fierce dedication to get shit done
- Excellent follow up skills and professionalism
- High energy and a positive attitude a must
*NOTE: You must submit a cover letter. Applications without one will not be considered.
- Fun and highly collaborative work environment
- Competitive salary
- Casual dress code
- Stocked snacks and drinks
- 401K with company match (after 90 days with the company)
- 100% paid Dental and Vision for eligible employees
- Dog friendly, bring your best friend to work!
- Opportunities for team building and continuing education
- Manages, coordinates and establishes priorities for complete project life-cycle and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Proactively monitor customer status, analyze performance, and suggest areas of improvement
- Resolve customer problems with customer support and resource teams
- Manage account growth through white glove service and utilizing department resources
- Develop a deep understanding of tools and gather and analyze data at basic account level
- Serve as a liaison with clients
- Provide campaign updates and ensure that our clients are satisfied with their business growth
- Minimum of 2 years experience, including thought leadership, client facing and issue management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven working experience in project or account management in the information technology or marketing sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in digital marketing and web technologies
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in a fast-paced environment
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Previous experience in managing cross functional teams and requirements
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, and an ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge in Digital Marketing, Pay Per Click campaigns and SEO is a preferred